WHY CHINA ESPECIALLY IN 2009?
China A Different World in Transition from an Ancient to a Modern Society
A Land of Ancient Secrets Now Opening its Doors
- World's largest country by population
- Still largely mysterious and undiscovered
- Unimaginable vastness offering some of world's most splendid destinations
- Complex ancient history with one of longest unified civilizations
- Medieval countrysides contrast shiny, high-rise cities
- An emerging, booming modern economy
- Home of the rare, endangered and lovable giant panda
- A land of unique attractions as the Great Wall, awesome ranks of life-size Terracotta Army, unequaled exquisite gardens and pagodas, Forbidden City, Three Gorges Great Dam and so much more
(See Attractions for places we visit during our tour)
The Year 2009 is also Special for China!
- Better infrastructure due to improvements for the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics
- China is improving its roads and accommodations for 2008
- China is taking steps to improve its air quality for 2008
- Tours in 2009 can take advantage of these improvements
- Opportunity to see The Great 2009 Total Eclipse of the Sun!
- Eclipse also highlights first International Year of Astronomy 2009 (IYA2009)*
*International Year of Astronomy "The Universe, Yours to Discover"
- Proclaimed by declarations of the International Astronomical Union (IAU) and United Nations General Assembly (2007 December)
- Celebrates 400th anniversary of first astronomical use of telescope by Galileo
- Highlights global cooperation for peaceful purposessearching for our cosmic origin and common heritage which connect all citizens of Earth
- Illustrates astronomy as a classic example of how science contributes towards furthering international cooperation